Sunday, July 1, 2018

Flesh by Kylie Scott

I've been reading Kylie Scott for a little bit now. I started with her Stage Dive series and then to her Dive Bar books. They were engaging and funny. Simply put, they were great entertainment. The characters were great to read about. They are some of my favorite rereads. Not that I should be rereading much with my ever growing TBR list.

Sometimes, one needs a book they are familiar with to escape into. And her books are great escapes. Then, I found out she wrote some books set during a zombie apocalypse. I wasn't sure how well that was going to work out for me. I debated for a heck of a lot longer than I should have. Then, Flesh went on sale and I had no reason not to give the book a shot.

I shouldn't have waited. There was no reason I should have. This book certainly wasn't about a musicians or bartenders, nope it was about a woman and two men surviving zombies and the criminal humans.


Ali meets Daniel and they team up. Okay, so a heck more is involved than that. Daniel hadn't seen a real live girl in like 8 weeks or so. He was in instant love and protect the moment he saw her. (This is totally okay in this world. It's fiction and erotica and whatever else tag can be thrown on it.) Ali takes a bit longer to warm up but she needed a man in her life. (A living breathing one.)

Off they go to find themselves a nice house they can turn into a fortress. Oops, they run into bad people when they went "shopping". But Finn, the hot young cop comes in for the rescue. Then it's a series of events as they try to escape all while having sex and creating a bond among the three of them. Who wouldn't want two hot males looking out for you during a zombie crisis?

Totally, don't want to ruin the plot or story line so I'll just say that they end up in a safe town where more adventure awaits. Plus relations, because it's that kind of book.

There is a second book and a couple of shorts all set in this new zombie filled world. I will be checking them out soon. I loved the writing in this book and the engaging way the characters were and hope that it continues in the next one. In the mean time, I should start making up a list of things needed in the event of a zombie outbreak (it's possible) and to read that zombie guide that's been around for some time. It's imperative to know the difference between zombie sub-classes.



No comments:

Post a Comment