Thursday, February 16, 2017

Bad Boys and Hot Woodsman

I've been slacking on the reading. Or at least it feels like I have been. Life, how dare you get in the way of the written word. Granted it's only been five days and I read two books. I mean I'm not a super speed reader and able to read several books a day. Though that would be awesome.

Anywho, I read both books by the same author. Eddie Cleveland. Navy SEAL Bad Boy and Saved by the Woodsman. There have been a short as well thrown in there for his newsletter subscribers (but who's keeping track? I'm keeping track. Totally and completely keeping track.)

Both books are romance. It's a trend I have going on. I need to read something else just to mix it up a bit and I have lots of other books that I could do that with. I mean it. So many books. Plus a closet full of older (60s-90s) Harlequins and what not romance. While they are both written by the same man and are romance, they couldn't be more different.



Navy SEAL Bad Boy was good and kept me engaged. There were a few one liners. However, I loved Saved by the Woodsman. Sawyer is awesome (male lead in SBTW). Jake isn't a man to be messed with either, but Sawyer is a reader. And books are everything right?

Jake and Holly are the two leads in Navy SEAL Bad Boy and happen to be at a drug rehab facility in Canada. Jake is a navy SEAL and Holly is a young woman who escapes her crazy drug kingpin boyfriend. I saw a lot of growth in these characters as they come to terms with their addiction while at rehab. This was a different take with the male lead having an addiction he was dealing with and being flawed. Flawed characters are the best because they are so relatable. They fall for each other in a quick time frame, though I'm okay with the instalove story line as long as it works. I found the ending to be satisfying. No I won't spoil anything. This was emotional as well as having a few what's going to happen moments.

Saved by the Woodsman was a story I really didn't want to put down. Alas, I wasn't able to binge on the story when it first hit my Kindle. I was fast asleep and then there was work and other "life" things keeping my from getting to far into the story. This morning on the other hand I completed the book before I had to run away. (With three cups of coffee running though my system. There was tea at work so win win.) Sawyer kept me reading and wanting to see what would come next. Ashley was a complex character underneath a not so complex facade.

So these characters end up trapped together in a snow storm and it's a romance so lots of sex in a rustic cabin. I mean what's not to love about being trapped with a woodsman with no distractions? Okay he had one book with him so that was a bummer. Somehow, in between all the sex, layers of information is revealed. This book has the best line I've read in a while and has stuck with me.

"Idiot feels like a totally inadequate word for this level of stupid."

No comments:

Post a Comment