Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Books and What Not

I've started off reading slow this year. Or at least not finishing books that I've started. I have a few of those that I really need to sit down and read. So far this year, I've only gotten through a whole five book and a collection. There was a whole week where I was busy with family that cut into the reading time. Not that I'm complaining. So anyway I have finished two other books by Scott Hildreth and two books by Jo Raven.

Rough and Dirty are books two and three from the Filthy F*ckers MC series by Scott. I talked very little about Hard in a previous post. I enjoyed the book lots and made me want to continue to read the author and this series in particular. I think as of right now Rough is my favorite one. (I could always change my mind at a later date.)

Something about the series I enjoy, is the realism in the stories. They, especially book two for me at least, also invoke serious emotions. I think I ended up crying through the last 10 percent of book two. It's definitely an emotional story. Love and loss for sure. But certain elements actually mirrored something in my own life so therefore the story hit harder than I thought or knew it would. Plus Pee Bee and Tegan are an awesome couple.

The books by Jo Raven were more of a fun romantic read without there being too much drama. In short, the opposite of the Filthy F*ckers. Candy Boys and Candy Boys Ever After were fun and flirty. They are about Candy and her two "boys" she ends up in a relationship with. I had fun reading Candy's POV along with the boys. There was some struggle among the characters, but there was also a lot of humor. Something that I was looking for at the time, along with hot scenes.

I've been bouncing back and forth between several books since I've finished the ones I've listed so by the time I write another post I should have a few more books to mention. As I've said before, me and reviews are not friends. I don't feel as if I get the words right. But the above books are awesome.

On another note, I watched Underworld: Blood Wars and man was that an intense movie to see in the theater all by myself. Kate does a great job. I have enjoyed the entire series and there is just something about how she kicks butt in the movies that's enjoyable to watch.

Now I am also looking forward to seeing the new Resident Evil movie. I've never played the games, but I'm good with that. I don't play games well, even if I have a few. It's been almost two months since I've done anything with ESO and I love my dark elf. He's a blast to play!

Now, back to reading and to my own writings that I hope one day I say are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment