Tuesday, January 17, 2017

MC Romance and Lady Grey

One of the genres I enjoy reading is MC (motorcycle club) romance. I've read several of Joanna Wylde's Reaper series. Something that I have done for many years and with many many book series is that I didn't actually start with book one when I found this author and began reading her. Nope I started with book two. Reaper's Legacy got me into a really good book series. Thank you Books A Million for your bargain section cause I would have missed out.

Not sure when I started getting into this genre but it was in the last few years, this I know. Since then I have read Devil's Game (book 3), Reaper's Stand (book 4), Reaper's Property (book 1), and Reapers and Bastards (anthology). I'm in the process of reading book 5 Reaper's Fall. That will only leave me with a couple of her books left to get and read. Something I'm looking forward to doing. I mostly read the books in order, though I found it wasn't super imperative to do so, it would still be a good idea due to characters and timelines. Pesky details and what have you. (Important pesky details.)

Reviews are actually very difficult to write for me. It's good buy it are the perfect way to get friends to try something. Having to come up with reasons as to why one should buy something with examples is hard for me. Motorcycles, humor, romance, and action. Those are good key words to the books I've read. Emotional response is another thing I experienced while reading. Being able to get sucked into a story and care about the character's it a big thing for me. Though depending on my mood I sometimes switch books because my headspace changes. One reason I have too many books I'm in the middle of reading.

In review, these books are kick ass and really read written. This is also a series that I've gone back to to reread. I love books that allow me to do that. The males have made me wish I could hit them upside the head on occasion while going "What in the hell are you thinking?". Though what well written book doesn't have you wanting to strangle the characters. It's a way to really get into a book.

Reading these different books I don't have a favorite because they are all different and I like them equally due to this. All the men are awesome and have a quirk or action that makes you love them and want to keep reading. The women all have reasons why they are strong, each in their own way.

Onto a separate note, I have tried both the Prince of Wales and Lady Grey teas. Each was very good, but the Lady Grey trumps Prince of Wales at this time. The Earl Grey was just Earl Grey (still a good tea mind you), but Lady Grey is the winner so far. I still have a few more to try and debate on. I have a feeling I will choose teas based on how I'm feeling and not just the taste. (Coffee still rules the mornings, but I did have an entire day of drinking Lady Grey, so point scored there. lol)  

No comments:

Post a Comment