Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy New Year

Hello once again. I can't believe it's been basically a year since I've posted anything. Especially, since I've done a ton of reading. When I say a ton, I mean around 60 plus books (this includes shorter and longer works). I have many in various stages of being read. Many on Kindle, but several in paper format.

2016 was a weird year and I'm glad it's over. With that being said, it means I should make some kind of list and knock stuff off of it. Such as shows or movies I want to watch, books I want to finish or begin, crafts I want to craft (because I totally have a ton of free time to craft #notreally), and anything else I'm forgetting because... something shiny.

Honestly, I have drafts of posts I intended to post and well didn't. I really thought I would have. I found some great new authors last year and watched some awesome new shows. One of the posts was about Stranger Things. A show that I fell in love with. I'm looking forward to Season 2 and can't wait to see how they use Dungeons and Dragons in the new season.

Ah, gaming. Another hobby I have acquired. (See above something shiny.) I love DnD because its fantastic. I also play Elder Scrolls Online (ESO). Dark elves rule! Yes, I'm a weird player that loves doing weird stuff. Like being the only dark elf warlock in a group of good doers. Well, there's a cleric and a band of how the hell did we all become a group. Oh right, tavern plus job for money. Off topic about books, but if we want to get technical, I can tie it together with coffee (or tea depending on the time) and books. Though now I'm also playing tabletop games with the hubby.

See, I need to make lists.

Anywho, as I was saying. I've been finding lots of good books from either other authors on Facebook, or randomly stumbling onto them because they were free on Kindle or by some other means aka friends. I mean if you can't trust friends to give you good advice on books to read then who can you trust. 😺

Now that I've rambled for a bit I'm thinking I'll maybe post books and authors I've currently read or something.

For 2017, I've finished one book that technically I started in 2016.

Hard (Filthy F*ckers MC Romance Book 1) by Scott Hildreth

This book was put on a list back in July and I know I had to have seen it from Facebook, cause that's basically where I get all my wishlist books from, though I'll never be able to figure out where I saw it. No matter. It went on sale and I got it. Then well you know, I read it. Took a couple of days. (Work and other things in life like 12 hours of tabletop gaming with friends oh and New Year's Eve. Pesky people wanting me to participate in the real world with real people.)

There's a disclaimer somewhere and I could see why it was there. It's listed in Erotica, but I found it to be pretty realistic for the most part and a fast paced read. I had to stop for a few moments before picking it back up. It was a great book. A bit gritty and raw. This was also the first book I'd read by this author and won't be the last.

That's it for now. Have a great start to the new year. Now if only Florida would act normal and cool off. Seriously, it's too hot outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment